Acclimate Your New Phalaenopsis
Be mindful your new plant has spent 2-3 days in shipping without light. Change of growing environment can be stressful to plants. We do not recommend repotting your new phalaenopsis right away.
- Do not water completely right away.
- Keep new plant in a shaded, cool 78-80 F, low light, low air movement, humid area (70-80% relative humidity)
- Quarantine 2 weeks
- Give new plant time to adjust from shock of shipping or growing environment
- Use spray water bottle to mist the top layer of moss.
- Slowly increase water and light each week
- If your plant arrives with flower or buds, it is not uncommon for flower to not survive the shipping. Plant may take 1-2 months to adjust new growing area. Novelty phalaenopsis will either make new buds from existing inflorescence or make new spike in season May-October.
- Wait for sign of new growth – either new leaf or root tips. Repot from moss into a bark mix if your growing area does not work with sphagnum moss. Repotting should be done during warmer months.
If you have additional questions – please visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigleaforchids
You may also e-mail us directly with your questions
Big Leaf Orchids
Address: P.O. Box 92841, Southlake, Tx 76092